Everything we do at Glen Golden Stables is with the goal of improving the lives of our horses and yours. Their needs are always first in our mind. Our horses are happy and healthy with plenty of time and opportunity to just be horses. Our care is based on the most recent scientific evidence of what is best for our horses. We take very seriously the Five Freedoms (McGreevy, 2006) the standard by which care for animals is judged.
1. Freedom from thirst, hunger and malnutrition through free access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigor.Pasture or free choice hay is available at all times, as is fresh water. Our horses are never hungry or thirsty. Custom feeding programs to meet your horse’s nutritional needs are available.
2. Freedom from physical and thermal discomfort through the provision of shelter and comfortable resting areas. Our horses have spacious, comfortable stalls and shelter from the elements when outside.
3. Freedom from pain, injury, and disease through prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment. Our facilities are continuously monitored for safety and horses are checked daily for illness or injury. Prompt attention is provided.
4. Freedom to express most forms of normal behaviour through the provision of sufficient space, proper facilities and the company of other horses. We believe horses need to be horses. Social time is impotant and our herd dynamics are healthy and relaxed. Our horses are turned out every day for as long as possible, depending upon weather conditions.
5. Freedom from fear and distress through ensuring conditions which avoid mental suffering. Our horses know their routines and that their needs will be met. They are relaxed and worry free.
We also care very much about your needs. Our barn and riding facilities provide a wonderful environment for you to share time with your horse and with other horse enthusiasts. Veterinary and farrier services are available from some of the finest professionals in the London area. If you are looking for riding instructions or training for your horse we will help you meet your goals.
Please call to arrange a visit if you are interested so that we can show you around and introduce you to our herd.References are available upon request. Full board is $500 tax included.
For more information contact me, Prudence Allen, and I will answer any questions you may have. Phone: 519-495-6203 Email: email@example.com